Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Honour Thy Father and Thy Mother

If you can't believe your mother, who else will you believe?

The Ten Commandments of God said "Honour thy father and thy mother that thy days maybe long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee." Exodus 20:12.

This means that If you honor and respect your mother and father you will have a long and happy life. God will give you a good husband and or wife so you will be happy on this earth. Happy according to the bible is also having a good life.

One thing I learned from my Mother and Father when I was young: Always believe your mother. If you can't believe what your mother says, who else will you believe?
I can still remember everything my mother and father told me when I was growing up. Their advise and teachings I will always keep in my heart as long as I live. Usually when I am confronted with a very difficult problem, I ask myself, what would my mother and father do with this kind of problem? Then I readily can solve my difficult problem. My mother has so much wisdom. I was with her for the longest time until I married my husband and migrated to the USA. But I inherited her strongest virtues and qualities which are patience and being hardworking.

I love my mother very much. And on Mother's day, I wrote a poem for her which I plan to publish on this blog before Mother's Day. Labels: on Mother's day

No comments:

Post a Comment